Thursday, October 9, 2014

Cordon Bleu Revised for Trim and Healthy Mama and Weekly Report

Joy was making one of my favorite meals, Cordon Bleu Fettachini, this past week and I knew I would cheat if I didn't have a Plan B!!  This is a luscious white sauce with chicken, ham, Swiss cheese, chicken bouillion over pasta.  This would be a crossover meal indeed, and I had already eaten too many crossovers!!  I also didn't really want to make it low-fat with no flavor and little noodles, so I opted it as an S meal with very little carbs!  

Take a medium to large chicken breast and slice it in half so you have two thin flat chicken pieces.  I also pounded it with our kitchen mallet to get it thinner.  Then layer some ham and Swiss cheese slices on each flattened chicken piece. Roll each one up to have two 'logs' ready to go in the pan!  

Now grab that frying pan and put 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk), 1 bouillon cube, 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1/4 cup ricotta cheese and 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (this last ingredient is more important than it sounds) and stir well!!  Turn heat on low and bring to a simmer while stirring. Add chicken, close lid and allow to simmer til sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through - it took mine about 15 - 20 minutes, but depending on the thickness of your chicken wrapped cordon bleu, it may be different.  Just before serving add a slice of Swiss cheese to the sauce til melted, this is to add more cordon bleu flavor.  


This may not, at first glance, look like the most appetizing meal... but this is so rich FLAVOR!!


After you cut into it, THIS is where you see the beauty of these wonderful chicken 'wraps'...

Cordon Bleu S Meal

Thin and Healthy Mama S Meal - Yummm!

Looking at these pictures, makes me ready to make it all over again!!!  yummm

Make a delicious low carb salad to complement this, or a cooked green vegetable would be great too! 


Anyway, for the weekly report - I have lost one pound for the past week! YAY!!  
I still ate quite a few crossover meals this past week and several desserts... which definitely slows the weightloss down considerably... but, Selena and Pearl did say NOT to lose it too fast, right?
Well, that is my excuse anyway and I am sticking to it!! lol

I did make my fitbit goals this past week and am receiving points for it on my 
Walgreens card, so I am a happy camper!! 

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment