Friday, October 3, 2014

Italian Burgers to DIE FOR!!! Trim and Healthy Mama S Meal

Trim and Healthy Mama's 'diet' has been a good find for me!  When I am on a normal low fat diet and watching calories, I crave fats, cheeses, etc...  When I am on the Atkins type diets, I crave bread, cereal, etc...  So, to be able to enjoy both on this diet has been a great fit for me.  I always gain weight on trips away from home, but have already lost all the weight I gained a few weeks ago and .2 more (okay, so that may not be much to brag about, but I am doing good, feeling good, and happy about where I am.) 

Anyway... here are Italian burgers to DIE FOR...  (okay, maybe that is a slight exaggeration... but they really are good!!)  This is a S (satisfying) meal for all Trim and Healthy Mamas!!  

Italian Burgers
I absolutely LOVE lasagna, spaghetti, and anything pasta with italian seasonings!!!  Unfortunately these are crossover meals that I cannot have very often while I am trying to lose weight... so, here is a great meal to enjoy as an S meal that is absolutely DELICIOUS!!  

Burgers
1/2  pound of hamburger (can be lean or fatty - I used 85%)
1/2  teaspoon of italian seasonings (more or less to your taste) 
1/4  teaspoon of salt (more or less to your taste) 
2     teaspoons parmesan cheese

Sauce
1     cup spaghetti sauce of your choice
1/4  cup ricotta
2     tablespoons parmesan
1/4  teaspoon garlic salt (optional - I love things salty and with garlic too!)

Topping
1/2  cup (or more) mozzarella cheese

This is such an easy meal!!!  Mix together the burger ingredients, Form two patties and put in frying pan. Cook on each side for 1 - 2 minutes on medium heat until browned on each side.   Add sauce and cheeses, turn down heat, cover and simmer until burgers are cooked through - usually about 15 - 20 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella over the top, cover and cook another 2 minutes.  Serve with a side salad, pea pod stir fry (like I have pictured above), broccoli or healthy veggie with little to no carbs.  

This is such a satisfying meal and helps me when I am craving a nice double serving of lasagna!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment