Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Low Carb with A Focus on VEGGIES!!

A lot of people cringe when they hear about the low-carb diet.  We tend to think it is a lot of meat and little vegetation and nutrition.  But, when I am on a low carb diet, I focus on the veggies and even have a small fruit or small piece of fruit when I am needing it.  I drink one cup of milk a day and a little cheese too.  Nuts are my favorite snack in between meals, which all of this together makes a pretty balanced diet.  It is also a good way to start a diet, because it is really hard for me to get off of sugar.  The transition to a regular diet just takes a little meat out, and adds some bread.  The hope is, and has been done in the past, to stay off of sweets after I get off of the low-carb diet.  In this picture you can see my salad from lunch today. It is Artisian lettuce, both red and green and it was sooo good with a few carrots, tomatoes, and cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment